Wednesday, October 13, 2010

And so it begins

Got antsy waiting on my Roatpe to come in from Amazon - so I got my buddy David to help with drawing and cutting out the first of the curved sections.  Didn't expect it to be, it was a bit of a challenge considering the center points for the circles existed well of the plywood pieces, but we managed with some wire and another sawhorse.  Still have a couple more sheets to do prior to beginning construction - so I'm looking forward to putting the beam compass to good work.

Also - gotta say even with a t-square and rulers and the like, drawing the shapes is harder than I expected, trying hard not to skew the sides and trying to get everything to line up and such.  Being a computer guy and a software developer by trade I'm used to things being very precise and accurate, and I wasn't expecting the real world to put up much a fight when it came down to drawing it all out.  Thankfully I had help and extra hand to help,

Not much to see picture wise  this first go round.  This following is the board that will make the base and the top of the armrest.
Base Piece
Using the base to trace the next piece
Wire to measure the arcs with.  Twine had too much stretch to it.
More tracing
Even more tracing

Ooooh look - Here's a link to a Rotape!  You should buy one!  Proceeds go to me buying chairs for my table!

No comments:

Post a Comment