Thursday, October 28, 2010

There lived a strange race of people... the Druids

Good evening Intertube land! Of course you might not be reading this in the evening, so I trust you can adjust the  salutation to suit your specific circumstances.

So this evening I got the supports for the footrest glued down. Tomorrow I should be able to screw them down to the plywood.  As promised here are some of the pics of the base with the supports in various stages of being clamped and glued. Clamped!

Clamp On!

Clamp Off!

Teh Clamper!!!!1!

The horizontal board and clamp apply downward surface pressure to several vertical supports.  You know, cuase sometimes gravity alone isn't enough. CLAMP! 

Here are the back supports

The back supports are not glued down That will wait until I have the foot rest itself cut out.

Where the dew drops cry and the cats meow

Do you want nifty clamps like those I have pictured here?  I bet you do, and guess what it just happens that Amazon carries them!  I requested they carry them so I could sell them on my blog, and Jeff Bezos wrote me to say that was a "grand idea"!  He offered to let me run the company, but I said that I had too much going on with building this table to run the biggest store on the whole internet.

You don't have your own copy of Spinal Tap on Blue Ray!?!?  Let's fix that, and then you can make stone henge puns in your blog too!


No comments:

Post a Comment